Saturday 5 September 2015

Skincare Sunday: Lush Cupcake Mask Review

For my second ever trip to lush I decided that I wanted to try a new face mask :-P I did repurchase the Mask of Magnaminty also, you can read my review for that here :-)

The girls in the shop are so helpful and kind and I asked one in particular for a face mask that would calm my current breakout. She told me that the Cupcake mask is mainly for oily and spot prone teenage skin and that it would purge my skin before clearing it.

What that means is that all the nasties in my skin will breakout the first few times I use it but it would eventually clear my skin :-)

This girl also told me to use it 3 times a week but for the purpose of this review I used it 5 times over 5 days. So yes, I used this mask every night this week so far and I'm going to share my thoughts and opinions with you ;-)


This mask is not self preserving so has to be kept in the fridge. It's a coarse, thick brown mixture and as you can see from the small bit I've used so far, a little goes a long way :-) 

The Ingredients
This mask contains cocoa butter, linseed and cocoa powder, as well as peppermint, spearmint and sandalwood oils.
It also mentions that it is particularly useful for absorbing excess oils and calming breakouts. 

The Application 
I left this mask on for 30 minutes each time I used it but 15 minutes would be enough :-) After a while the mask starts to harden and that's when the vacuuming begins as all the gunk is being pulled out of your pores (yuck). 

There is no tingling or any kind of sensation when you put the mask on but the initial coolness of the product from being straight out of the fridge is really calming :-) 

This is what it looks like swatched on the hand...not very appealing I know :-P

The Scent
It does have a slight smell of coco powder and licorace in the pot but the smell only lasts on your face until it hardens. I don't particularly like the licorace smell but it doesn't bother me too much :-P 

The Removal
Each night I removed this in the shower using my Primark facial brush which you can read my review on here :-) 
It's really easy to wash off by hand too :-)

The Verdict
This mask did exactly what the girl in the shop told me, it purged my skin! I got a nice little breakout over my chin and jaw area, which are my usual breakout areas. The second night I used this mask, it had already dried up the majority of that breakout but it still produced a few more friends on my face :-P 

After the third application I noticed that my skin was really clear in other areas like my cheeks, nose and forehead! By the fourth application my skin was almost completely clear :-) 

I still have the smallest of breakouts on my jaw area but they are all dried up and in the healing process!! 


I really love this mask and would recommend to anyone that wants to clear their skin but doesn't mind the breakout session beforehand! 


Have any of you guys tried this mask out? Let me know what you think in the comments below! 
Also, if anyone has any face mask or skincare recommendations I would love to hear them :-) 

Love & Hugs, Lora xo 


No comments:

Post a Comment