Friday 26 June 2015

Lush Mask of Magnaminty Review

A couple of posts back I mentioned that I got my first mask from Lush while shopping in Dublin a while back :-) I've had it a month now and I feel like I've been using it long enough to give a decent review on it :-D 


I got the larger 12ml self preserving tub for €12.95. It says that it lasts up to 4 months and doesn't have to be kept in the fridge like some of the other ones that are non self preserving. You can also get smaller tubs for a cheaper price, and you can get small samples of most things in Lush too ;-) 

My Skin
I used this mask 2-3 times a week for the whole month of June, and it has really changed my skin. I'll just mention that I have seriously combination skin, oily T-zone with dry patches on the chreks, and prone to the odd break out here and there. I also have some scarring from previous breakouts mainly on the jaw area. 

The Ingredients
The mask itself contains mint and honey, which is known for its anti bacterial properties. These 2 ingredients are great for breakouts! The mint gives it a soothing feeling on the skin also. 

It also contains lots of natural seeds which give the mask a chunky look on the face, but are fab when washing it off as you get a really good exfoliation going to get rid of any dry or dead skin cells :-) 
Plus for any people out there who are against the microbead, this mask is perfect as the seeds in it are completely natural :-) It's also worth mentioning that Lush is a company that is completely against animal testing! 

I know it looks gross but trust me, it's amazing! :-D 

Oh and another major plus is that it smells like mint choc ice cream! It's a really nice natural smell though and not too over powering! 
This mask can also be used on the body too, not just the face #justsaying ;-) 

My Opinion
The seeds have done a great job at taking away my dry skin in my dry areas and has also done wonders at reducing the look of my scarring on my jaw line, while the mint and honey reduce any current breakouts I may have at the time so this mask is an all rounder for me! I find it perfect for all of my skin issues so if your dry, oily, are prone to breakouts or are acne prone, or maybe all of the above, I would definitely recommend this mask to you! 

I'm sorry I don't have any before and after skin pics for you guys, I honestly didn't expect such drastic changes in such a short amount of time!! You're just going to have to trust me on this one, this mask is an absolute keeper ;-) 

Remember you can always get a little sample in Lush before you take the plunge and buy a whole tub ;-) I hope you guys enjoyed this review and if any of you guys have tried this mask let me know what you think in the comments below :-) 

Love & Hugs, Lora xo  



No comments:

Post a Comment