Sunday 11 October 2015

Skin Care Sunday: Honey Mask for All Skin Types

Honey has amazing benefits for all skin types! If you are dry it's going to be like a nice glass of water for your skin! If your oily or acne prone it's going to aid in the healing process with its antimicrobial properties. 

It doesn't have to be the expensive Manuka honey either guys, I use ordinary honey for my skin and it works wonder. 
This is the one I use... 



It is cloudy or 'set' honey which means that is isn't as liquidy as normal honey so it's easier to use as a face mask :-)


So yes, honey is sticky! And it will stick to your face and your hair if you don't tie it all back up off your face, but it melts off so easily with warm water. 

My skin
As you guys know I have a bit of everything skin and I use honey as a face mask once a week. I used to do it up to 3 times a week before Mask of Magnaminty entered my life :-P Which, might I add, also has a ton of honey in it ;-) 


Step 1- Preparation 
Before you put honey on your face your going to want to wash and exfoliate your skin so that it gets a chance to really penetrate the skin :-) 
Also make sure your not wearing anything too fancy, as the honey can tend to get drippy with the heat of your skin so watch out for that possible mess! 

Once you make sure all your hair is completely tied back and off your face then your ready to go with this one ;-)


Step 2- Application
Just take a scoop of honey out of the jar and use your fingers to rub it onto your skin. Give it a nice thick layer all over your face and neck, avoiding the eye area as eyelashes can get sticky too :-P 

If you have any problem areas too like your back or chest you can also use honey on these areas to hydrate or to help in the healing process of breakouts :-) 


Step 3- Treatment
Honey can be used as a spot treatment too on specific areas if you want to avoid any possible messes that may arise in the use of a full face honey mask!! 

The best part about this is that it's all natural and you can leave it on for as long as you need. But as I mentioned before, the honey will start to melt with the heat from your skin after a while so even a quick 5-10 minutes will still work wonders for your skin :-) 


Step 4- Bath Time
I tend to use honey as a face mask when I'm in the bath so that it really doesn't matter if things get messy so that's always a good option if you are concerned about the mess :-) 


Step 5- Removal
To wash the honey off, just use warm water and a clean face cloth or your clean hands. The honey will melt off straight away and you won't be left with any stickiness! 

Afterwards, you can use your favourite moisturiser or spot treatments to finish. A good rich moisturiser will really help seal in all that extra moisture that your skin received :-)


Let me know if you try this honey mask at home, or if you already use honey as a face mask let me know what you think in the comments down below! 

Hope you guys enjoyed this post!

Love & Hugs, Lora xo

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of incorporating honey into a DIY face mask but never of putting it straight onto the face, however this is something I will definitely try when I next have a huge pamper session.

    Beka. xo
    littleworldofbeka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, honey is so good for the skin! Definitely give it a shot, let me know how it goes Beka :-) xo

      Delete