Sunday 13 September 2015

Skincare Sunday: How to Remove Makeup With Coconut Oil

So last week I posted 10 Uses of Coconut Oil, which you can read here ;-)
One of the uses I mentioned was as a makeup remover. I thought that I would show you guys exactly how I remove my makeup with coconut oil as it is so easy yet super effective! 


My Skin Type
For those of you that don't know, I have spot prone skin with extremely dry patches and extremely oily patches, as well as completely normal skin in parts! So I literally have it all when it comes to skin types :-P 

Will Coconut Oil Break Me Out?
As I mentioned in my Coconut Oil post, many people are scared to put any kind of oil onto their face as they think it will break them out instantly. Especially my girls with oily and acne prone skin. 

HOWEVER, many people with oily and acne prone skin use products to mattify their skin and draw out all the excess oils, this dries out your skin and in turn, your skin produces MORE oils in order to combat the dryness! Trust me, I was one of these people! 

What works for me is giving my skin the extra moisture in the form of coconut oil and rich moisturisers so that my skin was well hydrated and stopped producing the excess oils! 
I know this method may not work for oily teenage skin where the excess oils are due to hormones but hey, isn't it worth a shot? :-) 


I still get slightly oily in my T-zone throughout the day, but it's absolutely minuscule to what it was before I started using coconut oil!
And as for spots, the antibacterial properties in the coconut oil actually helped reduce my breakouts :-) 

Having said that, coconut oil is also fantastic for dry and normal skin as it helps to keep it moisturised and healthy.


So, if I have officially converted you into a coconut oil fan then keep reading to find out how I use my coconut oil to remove my makeup ;-) 

Step 1: 
I scoop out a small lump of coconut oil from the tub. I rub it between my hands so that the heat from my hands turns the solid into a liquid ;-) 

Step 2:
I gently massage in into my face, eyes and neck. This is so relaxing too, so your getting a nice chill out time as you remove all your makeup ;-) Spend a little more time on your eyes to get that mascara off, especially if it's waterproof :-)

Tip: mascara stings. So if your mascara stings when it gets into your eyes then I suggest you keep your eyes shut as your removing it :-P

Step 3:
I use a few dry cotton pads to gently rub off the makeup that has been broken down by the coconut oil on my skin. 


Step 4:
I follow up with my Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser to get the last of the coconut oily-makeup off of my face :-) 
If you want to get even deeper into your skin then use a facial brush with your face wash at this point, I use my trusty Primark facial brush which I'm sure your all sick of me taking about by now ;-)



And now your skin it literally squeaky clean :-) now it's time for eye creams, moisturisers and serums, but I'll leave that for another post ;-) 

Hope you guys enjoyed this post, let me know if I have converted you into the worlds biggest coconut head after all my raving about it this week!!! 

Love & Hugs, Lora xo 




2 comments:

  1. I really do want to try coconut oil but I'm terrified it would make me more oily throughout the day and break me out. However, I think you may have convinced me.

    Beka. xo
    littleworldofbeka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a shot! Your skin might be over producing oils because it's dry, like mine was :-) Let me know how it goes for you Beka :-) xo

      Delete